Golf Australia
Course Reviews
 




 
Teeing Off

DALY: THE MOVIE

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

By Jeff Centenera
Golf Australia
Assistant Editor
at the Australian PGA Championship

New shape, new commitment to golf, same old sense of humour intact. John Daly was in good form at his press conference at Coolum on Tuesday, holding court on subjects ranging across the insurance industy, celebrities and their marriages, losing weight and his love of St Andrews.
Provoking the greatest laughs was Daly's desire to see his story get the big-screen treatment. "It would just be the life, it would be the whole thing," he said. "The guts of it all."
Who would (or could) play him? "Matt Damon, I saw him in Bagger Vance, if I can get him to take the club back a little further, he'd be perfect ... I'd want him to be me, like now, 'cause I probably weigh what he does."
And the bigger Daly of the old days? "The Tommy Boy [comedian Chris Farley], he passed away, but he would have been perfect ... Kevin James, now he's my bud, so I hate to say he's a little big, but he'd be good."
The toughest casting call of all? "The problem is who is going to play the ex-wives?" Daly wondered. "To be that mean, I don't know. There are not too many actresses that could be that mean."

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Archives

September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   February 2010   March 2010   June 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Golf Australia Magzine January 2009